It sounded a little bit hard sale with the title and yes,(!) I want you to watch this movie. Year Without A Summer by Tan Chui Mui, a local independent director, currently mon patron :)
The film traveled to many places, overseas, first in Pusan, Rotterdam, Australia, US, all the continents, and now it's back to its homeland - Malaysia! I wish I was a film, or a tape, gets to travel everywhere!
It will be screened in TGV KLCC from 24th - 30th April 2011, followed by peninsular tour in major cities : Penang, JB and Kemaman Terengganu, the location nearest to the set of the film. I get to travel too this time!
This image was the design of the film postcard. I like it very much,
so does some postcrosser who vote it as their favourite postcard.
I first watch this film in the cinema was during my working trip to International Film Festival of Rotterdam.
Working on the subtitles, I have actually viewed this film for many times, in the PC of course. However, the experience in the cinema was a total difference, with a better sound and image (persuading..). Azam is one of the main character in the film who keeps running away from the current and real life. It resembles a period in my working life, which I experienced few months back, while at the same time, looking at some points of my life, I do the same as Azam. I think many people tend to run away when problem comes right into the face. The realization of myself running and chasing my tail has helped me live better, at least I wake up and head to work in a happier and lighter mood.
Attention : this is an arty film, poetic, slow but meaningful (to me, as it mirrors my life). So, be prepared for a different cinematic experience.
Get the ticket and watch it! Oh ya, good news to students! It will be a free movie pass if you flash your valid student card at the counter in respective mentioned cinemas. Student reservation could be made by sending an email with the subject of ' YWS Student Screening ' to : winniechiangwn@gmail.com. Details to be included in the email are : date of screening, name, contact no and email.
Enough of the publicity.
My swimming time.
Have a great weekend!
...........................................................

2 comments:
ur synopsis so short geh..got free ticket mou? haha
haha, so that you come and watch la..muahaha! free ticket is for students lo, ask your junior to come and watch lo. and of course you come la.oh ya, there will be a photo sharing contest, take part lo!
Post a Comment